Monday, 2 August 2010

I'm falling apart

Sitting in bed right now with a cat on my legs, laptop on my lap(right where thy say it should be)and a strong coffee in and out of my hands.

I am going to se my physio this morning at 11:30am and will hopefully get some answers about my shin issues so I can run without being afraid. Also need to talk about my failing back. I never had back issues until... oh, let's see. 6 months ago? Working in a care home is killing me. I don't understand how anyone can do this job long term. I've been doing it a year and I feel a good 5 years older than I did when I first started. Don't get me wrong. I love the idea of what I do. I love working with people with learning difficulties and helping improve there lives but at the same time, while I help improve their quality of life, I feel that mine is being sucked away. Long hours, crappy sleep in a creepy house, way too much manual labour, cooking, cleaning everything from bedrooms to pooey toilets is definitely taking it's toll. I've always been one who liked working odd hours and a lack of order. But now that seems to be what I am craving the most.

It seems the most difficult part of getting myself healthy again is going to be figuring out how to eat right when I'm at work and surrounded by potential bad choices and when to exercise when I just want to sleep or veg out on the sofa.

Oh, and this weekend in Edinburgh was a disaster when it came to healthy eating. I didn't even add it to my fitness pal because I was too ashamed. Damn you, nachos. Damn you, chocolate cake.

No comments: