Monday, 2 August 2010

New Shoes = Exercise = New Woman

My physio examined my shins today as well as my oh so overpronated feet. She then glanced at the shoes I wore in. A beaten up pair of navy blue converse. She was not having it.

The proof is in the pudding... Or the shoes in my case. Every day I wear those beaten up flat, flimsey converse to work for 8 hours, I'm killing my posture, my feet and slowly scewing my body up. From neck to toe. She saw my running shoes and thinks I should have a similar pair for work. And when ever I can, I need to wear them. Support, support, support. So I'm going out tomorrow to find some(inexpensive-ish)shoes.

I still do not have the go ahead to run yet. She said my muscle tissue near my shin was extremely stiff so hopefully with regular massaging and proper stability, I will be running like Forrest. But I can walk. And walking I will do. I have a treadmill, for satan's sake. Use it. Duh.

And on the menu for today:

Breakfast-
1 bowl of Bran Flakes 45g = 150cal
Coffee with hazelnut creamer = 35 cal
handful of blueberries= 15 cal

Lunch
3/4 tin Tesco Healthy Choices Tuscan bean Soup (Yum!) = 210cal
1 slice Hovis Hearty Oats Bread = 109 cal
250ml pressed apple juice = 120 cal

Dinner
Homemade Pinto bean Burrito with peppers, onions & yellow rice = (roughly) 500 cal
1 Wholemeal Blueberry Muffin = (roughly) 135 cal
1 pint of iced tea with lemon= 0 cal

Total intake = approximately 1274 calories
And I'm not hungry!!!

And here's some photos of my first try at those blueberry muffins





Here's the recipe...
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/food_and_drink/article3856927.ece

I added some vanilla extract and lemon zest and cut the bananas down to 1.5 as they tend to make things mushy. Enjoy!

No comments: