Thursday, 29 July 2010

The Realisation

I knew I was putting on weight. I was aware of this. I'd fluctuate here and there, but never really kept it off. Little by little, it crept it's way on. That weight gain. It can be a sneaky little bugger. One minute you're a happy, healthy 125 lbs (9 stone) and the next (approximately 1 hour ago)... An unhappy, unhealthy 154 lbs (11 stone). Yes, I am admitting this. It's not easy admitting you're 10 lbs away from a BMI of 30. Which technically puts me in the OBESE category. OBESE!!! Me!!?? Yes Shasta, this is true.

Now those of you who are my friends will probably say something nice to me, like, "There's no way you weigh that much Shasta. Don't worry about it." But I do. So please don't be nice to me. I'm 10 lbs away from obesity. Holy Shit!!!

Being the short stack that i am, probably doesn't help matters. If only there was a way to stretch yourself out and make it all proportionate again. But there isn't.

What really pisses me off is the fact that I started running a year ago. Then screwed up my knee. Then my foot. Now my shins. But that isn't an excuse. There's no excuse for the cookies and biscuits I shove into my face at work just because it's there. There's no excuse for the massive consuption of cheese. There's no excuse for the bottles of red wine and beer I put back every month. I'm just thinking. Wow, I must really be eating A LOT because I bust my ass on my feet every day at work. I walk to work every day. And that's not enough. So shit has gotta change.

I recently dowloaded an app on my iPhone called 'My Fitness Pal'. I enter what I eat and it tells me how many more calories I can have for the day. I think I am gonna post my daily intake on here for the world to see. I can't hide. I won't.

If you have gotten fat too. I feel ya. But it's time to do somthing about it.

Oh, and I'm going to Edinburgh tomorrow where there's a good chance I will drink beer and eat shitty. But at least I'm AWARE of it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shasta! Love the blog and this is a good way to become accountable for your weight and I think your beautiful and dont see the fat cow you see.

Good luck

Karen MoJo x